Newsletter subscribe


The Music Industry Lost a Legend: Prince Death

Posted: April 23, 2016 at 3:28 pm   /   by   /   comments (0)

At the height of his career in the 80s and 90s, Prince was a global star who sold out stadium, stole the silver screen, and slayed fans. But then he had a dispute with his record company changed his perspective of the world and he retreated from the public eye.

Except for the occasional awards show, tours, or benefits, Prince made sure to keep his life as private as possible — not even one small feat on social media.

As he was fighting to protect his music in the industry, he made certain that it is restricted from YouTube and streaming services. He also made sure that that there aren’t any photos or videos taken at his shows. All these made his death on Thursday shocking.


PRINCE (Getty Image)

The Final Flight of Prince

The final flight from Atlanta that Prince took last week made an emergency landing after an unresponsive male was reported on the plane, according to a direct source that told NBC News. However, few details were released about the circumstances leading to that unplanned stop; thereby, adding a layer of mystery to the final days of the superstar before he was found dead at his Minnesota estate on Thursday.

According to a representative, he wasn’t feeling well at his Thursday night show in Atlanta and he got worse after he boarded a plane heading to Minneapolis after midnight. He was said to be suffering from flu, which lead to the cancellation of other shows.

Prince’s publicist said in a statement that flight records show the private jet that he used was diverted approximately 300 miles before reaching Minneapolis to Moline, Illinois. The only flight scheduled from Atlanta to Minneapolis that day was a Dassault Falcon 990 jet, which was operated by Jet Speed.

The flight took off from Atlanta at 12:51 AM ET on the 15th of April and landed to the Quad City International Airport in Moline at 2:01 AM. According to the Moline Fire Department, they received a call for Emergency Medical Services to respond at 2:15 AM. According to two nearby hospitals, Trinity Moline and Trinity Rick Island, they haven’t taken in any person that goes by the name Prince Rogers Nelson — Prince’s full name.

Flight records show that the same jet departed at 11:57 AM from Moline to Twin Cities at 12:45 PM.

Autopsy Report

Prince was found dead on Thursday in his Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Deputies and medical personnel found the music icon unresponsive at his home. They performed CPR, but it was unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at 10:07 AM.

An autopsy of the 57-year-old super star is underway Friday morning as the authorities try to determine the cause of his death. However, results won’t be released for several weeks, according to the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office’s spokeswoman, Martha Weaver.

Weaver says that the process will take days or even weeks to be completed. There will be no preliminary results to be released, and that they would wait until all the information is in before they release the autopsy results.