5 Ways to Grow Your E-commerce Shop in 2018
Do Not Leave Money on the Table
There is no doubt about it: e-commerce is booming and is a real profitable field. However, you may be leaving tons of money on the table…
Let’s take a quick look to some exciting statistics:
- E-commerce industry will surpass a $2 trillion annual haul in 2017 (according to Forbes)
- Global sales (retail) will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021
- 57% of online shoppers made a purchase from an overseas retailer in the last 6 months
Very interesting, right? E-commerce is growing, because as globalization gets stronger, this is the most logic result.
If you run an e-commerce store and want to take your profits to the next level, then close attention to this article.
#1 – Use the Perfect Online Payment System:
Did you know that you might be losing a lot of money by using the wrong payment getaway? This is a very common mistake, and you need to solve it as soon as possible.
Ideally, your payment solution should offer these features:
- Low fees for your transaction volume
- Support for multiple currencies
- 100% compatible with your e-commerce software
- Support for multiple credit cards and payment methods
- Reliable and fast customer support
We, human being, digest a content better when it comes accompanied with a tangible example, and in this case, it would be Allied Wallet. It is reliable, fast, and easy to use and their fees are reasonable.
Therefore, make sure you are using the right payment gateway, because it will help you to get better conversions, and thus, drive up your profits to the next level.
#2 – Optimize Your Shop for Mobile:
If you want to boost your sales, then you need to start optimizing your shop for mobile users. Let’s check some quick stats to show you why it is more important than ever before:
- Over 2 billion people around the world use their mobile devices to shop online
- Mobile devices will account for 27% of all US retail e-commerce sales by the end of 2018
- In 2018, tablets will drive over $96 billion USD in sales, and smartphones over $34 billion USD
As you can see, it is growing strong and not looking into these facts and adjusting your site accordingly, will solely backfire at you. Take care of mobile and it will take care of sending you more sales.
#3 – Use Facebook Retargeting:
Many e-commerce shop owners lose a lot of money by not retargeting to lost sales. Facebook makes it easy for you with their retargeting pixel. It is not very hard to set-up, and it can pay off greatly.
If you want to invest in something that will give you better returns almost instantly, then make sure you do this. You have already invested a lot to drive traffic to your shop, and retargeting is the easiest way to boost your profits.
#4 – Use the Power of Instagram Influencers:
Paying Instagram influencers to promote your products is one of the most powerful ways to drive more sales to your store and boost up awareness of your brand.
However, you need to consider these points:
- Make sure the influencer is a good referent in your niche
- Make sure their following is legit (some of them boost their followers count with bots)
- Compare different influencers and track how their traffic converts in your store
These three points will help you to get better results. This is how you can use this powerful technique to drive more sales, so use it optimally!
#5 – Track All the Time and Improve:
Make yourself a huge favor and get a tracking software like Crazy Egg, which will help you to know how your users behave on your site. This information is worth its weight in gold, because based on it, you can improve the UX, and therefore, make your visitors stay longer on your site and boost up your conversion rate.
Always track the performance of your traffic sources. You need to invest your money in the sources that drive you the best quality of traffic that actually converts for your products and the unique way to find it out is by tracking constantly. Track all the time!
Boosting the success of your shop is not rocket science. Only follow these five recommendations and be delighted by the excellent results you will get if you do it right!